First Comic

Everytime I post anything on the internet ever...


This is somewhat in response to a doodle I posted on my tumblr that blew up a little bit. Everyone had nice things to say about it except for ONE GUY. There's always that guy...

I may post another comic on the topic. I'm not actually upset, more bemused. And amused. But it gives me stuff to art about because I find it funny. :)

So, I'm super disconcerted that this goddamned piece of shit comic took me literally ALL DAY to finish. I've clearly gotten out of practice when something I used to be able to knock out in an hour takes me this long. I'm mad at myself and inconvenienced by it. Especially since one of the only two major stresses in my life right now is that I am SO behind on commissions. I'm really sorry, you guys. I don't get much free time anymore and it takes me depressingly long to make any headway. -_- I suck.

The other stress is that income has fallen off a cliff and died for me. It's probably just the holiday slump but that's just when it's the most inconvenient, yay!

On the topic of good news, however, I have very suddenly stopped biting my fingernails. I don't know if you understand what a huge deal this is, I have chewed my fingers down to bloody stumps MY ENTIRE LIFE. And now I have these amazing talons that I can paint and scratch people with and haven't quite learned how to wield yet. It is awesome. 8D

Also, I dyed my hair to make myself feel better and it worked. :)

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am now following your Tumblr. :}

Matt said...

Your hair looks amazing

Anonymous said...

Love the comic. Think you drastically underestimate the percentage of trolls on the net. Have a great Christmas.

Nic said...

Haha yea, I think I've somehow lucked out and magically dodged many trolls attentions.

Chevette Girl said...

People underestimate the ability of hair dye for lifting spirits...

Elisabeth said...

I'm so glad people usually seem to have only positive things to say about your posts :) The particular picture on Tumblr made me so happy when u posted it, I just love your style - both in attitude and appearance! Happy holidays, and congrats on stopping nail biting (used to do it myself as a kid).

Sam said...

I know the feeling with the nail biting! I used to not only bite my nails, but chew my cuticles too. I tried every trick in the book to stop biting them. Sour stuff, spicy stuff, nasty stuff, nail polish, acrylics, even taping my fingers. Nothing worked. But for some reason, I was really stressed out, and normally I would chomp my nails to bits. But that time, I didn't, and I haven't in a long time now. I have all long nails (sport length so that I can function lol) except my left pinky nail that broke the other night.

Btw, your hair looks so freaking adorable!

Anonymous said...

love the new hair, and the bone bracelet ring thingy. hope you and pretty boy had a fabby new year and middle finger to troll types, they dont know a good thing when they see it :) xx

Anonymous said...

"HEY FUCK YOU!" Is how you greet in troll speak. The polite form is "HEY FUCK YOU! GO CHOKE ON A BAG OF DICKS!" Yes, the caps is necessary, it would be rude to not use it.

Brian Mann said...

I'm sorry, I can't look at anything but your amazing eyes in that pic, but I'm sure your hair is great. :D

(Your hair is great, but those eyes...)

Anonymous said...

No post since last year? Missing you.

Erika said...

I found this comic yesterday and ravenously consumed it, and have finished just now. I really enjoyed it and look forward to future posts! (:

Bibliotheque said...

I like the new hair! Looking forward to future posts, if you choose to make more!

Anonymous said...

Nic, I found your comic because I googled "sexiest webcomics ever", found this list (http://www.ugo.com/the-goods/the-sexiest-webcomics-on-the-internet?page=3) and you were on it. Just browsed through it on and off throughout the entire day, alongside Oglaf (it's like Heavy Metal magazine, only well written and sexier!). Keep doing what you're doing (if you want to)! It's great work and I'm happy I found your site!

Post a Comment

First Comic

Followers